(Courtesy of AMIT) AMIT’s 95th Anniversary Mission to Poland and Israel in May 2020 promises to be an extraordinary experience, showcasing AMIT’s many accomplishments and the chance to meet Israel’s leaders and students, while enjoying a dynamic itinerary brimming with culture, arts, food, athletics, high-tech and more!
This is Israel like you’ve never experienced before.
Participants will be able to customize their trip each day to focus on their personal interests and tastes. They can choose from four exciting Personal Tracks of Interest: Tech and Innovation, Culture and Arts, Dynamic Outdoors and Foodie, which gives them an innovative, integrative and enjoyable way to see AMIT’s accomplishments while enjoying the country in all its glory.
Mission participants will have the chance to hobnob with Israeli celebrities, journalists, business leaders and artists as they experience Israeli innovation in science, technology, the arts and culture and see just how AMIT is successfully educating the next generation to catapult Israel into the 21st century.
In addition to the myriad activities in Israel from May 14 to May 19, for the first time, AMIT is offering an optional three-day, pre-mission Poland heritage tour. Poignant and powerful visits to Warsaw, Lublin, Treblinka, Majdanek, Auschwitz, Schindler’s factory and other sites will underscore the miraculous Jewish trajectory from past tragedy to present-day prosperity.
“Our 95th Anniversary Mission is absolutely one of a kind,” said Mission chair Anne Golombeck. “From seeing our exceptional schools where we will showcase innovation and AMIT’s ability to nurture our students to excellence, to enjoying new and exciting Israeli venues and activities, to meeting special guests, celebrities and some surprises, this trip will be unforgettable. We are very excited to present this mission!”
Some of the mission highlights include:
• A private reception at the residence of President Reuven Rivlin, who will honor AMIT
• An exclusive visit to SodaStream, focusing on Negev development
• A star-studded night with the actors of the Netflix hit “Fauda”
• Shabbat tour of the streets of Mea Shearim, Jerusalem’s ultra-Orthodox neighborhood with one of the stars of “Shtisel”
• Live performance by AMIT alumnus, renowned singer and winner of “Israeli Idol,” Hagit Yaso
• “Shark Tank” Israel Entrepreneur Edition
• Q&A with Jerusalem Post editor-in-chief Yaakov Katz
• Shabbat entertainment by chazzan Shim Craimer
• Introduction to the first-in-the-world GALMOBILE, the unique water-purification system developed in Israel
• Celebration of AMIT’s glorious 95 years with thousands of students and leaders at the Mega Event
• Exciting sports to include cliff rappelling, Segway tours and midnight bike rides
• Graffiti tours and visits to art museums and artist studios
• And much more!
While in Jerusalem, mission participants will stay at the recently renovated, luxury, five-star Inbal Hotel, located walking distance from exquisite shops, restaurants, Mamilla Mall, the Old City, First Station, Machane Yehuda, Ben Yehuda Street and art galleries.